Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mango Ice Cream

I was in Kolkata, India last month and on my way back I got few Langra Mangoes. Today I saw the last one lying in my fridge and I decided to make Ice Cream with it. Thought it would be a nice way to beat the heat in Dubai. I had all the ingredients at home and I just had to mix them together. Wow so easy!!! But the actual problem was to wait patiently until the Ice Cream was set...that's difficult 
Mango Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 ripe mango pulp, I have used Langra mango
3/4 cup whipping cream, cold
1/2 cup milkmaid
1/2-1 cup small mango cubes (optional)
Method:
Blend the mango pulp in a blender and strain it to get rid of any fiber.
Add milkmaid to the mango pulp and mix well.
In a separate bowl whisk the cream to form soft peaks.
Fold the cream in the mango and mix gently.
Pour this in an air tight container and freeze it for 2 hrs.
Remove from the freezer and fold in the mango cubes. 
Freeze the ice cream until set. It may take 6 hrs for Ice Cream to set.
Enjoy Mango Ice Cream with your loved ones.
Serves 3-4.
Mango Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your suggestions and feedback here.